"Landaach", as Landau is called by its residents, combines warmth, history and enjoyment like no other city. Idyllically surrounded by vineyards and with a view of the Palatinate Forest, the former fortress city with its eight town villages lies in the heart of the southern Palatinate.
As a conference destination, Landau scores with historical buildings combined with the latest event and conference technology. The "Altes Kaufhaus", built in 1415, and the "Jugendstil-Festhalle", completed in 1907, offer a special atmosphere for every event - whether live or hybrid. The diverse cultural scene, the university and the numerous local companies from a wide variety of industries have a seat for various event concepts with the two venues.
Your conference stay in Landau is rounded off with a walk through the attractive city centre: the many owner-managed shops, individual cafés and diverse restaurants invite you to stroll and linger. Numerous parks offer green breaks in the middle of the city. Characteristic of the townscape of Landau are the many historical sites, such as the fortress circular path, converted barracks buildings on the State Horticultural Show grounds and old garrison buildings from the times of the French Revolution. These are often only separated by a few steps, so you don't have to walk far in Landau to discover different periods of history.
And Landau has not only taken over buildings from its time as a French fortress town - the people of Landau have internalized the "savoir vivre". You too can learn to appreciate the special quality of life here. With a good glass of wine you can unwind and let your gaze wander over the vineyards around the city. The evening comes to an end in one of over 50 wineries.
We say: Welcome to Landau!
- In the heart of the southern Palatinate - a city with a special quality of life
- Direct motorway connection
- The largest wine-growing community in Germany - Landau with its eight town villages is home to over 50 wineries and has more than 2,000 hectares of vineyards
- business location
- Attractive inner city with short walking distances
- University and cultural city
- Historical Cityscape. Old fortress and garrison buildings, Art Nouveau houses, many gems of architectural.
- Many cycling and hiking trails lead directly from the city through the Palatinate Forest and along the "Wine Route"
- The art nouveau festival hall and the old department store as historical event venues – a special atmosphere for your events
- Fairtrade city: together for fair trade