At the entrance to the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley, Koblenz attracts visitors with its historic old town. This can be reached with a short walk along the promenade from the congress venues - ideal for getting a breath of fresh Rhine air after a long day full of meetings, lectures or workshops and on the way to one of the numerous Koblenz restaurants explore the main attractions of the city.
It is the eventful history of the city, going back more than 2,000 years, that makes Koblenz so unique, coupled with the confluence of two rivers, “Father” Rhine and “Mother” Moselle. This is particularly noticeable in the old town. Characteristic of the heart of the city of Koblenz are the romantic winding streets, the picturesque backyards and the small, cozy squares where numerous cafés invite you to linger.
Historical buildings, such as the Kurfürstliches Schloss or the Basilica of St. Castor, allow every visitor to experience the history of the city up close. A spectacular cableway ride from Deutsches Eck takes you high above the Rhine to the cultural center of Festung Ehrenbreitstein. You should not miss the breathtaking view of the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley from the panorama cabins!
If you would like to end the day comfortably with a glass of wine, you have come to the right place in the wine town of Koblenz. Particularly popular: the sparkling Riesling from the region.
- the way from the Rhein-Mosel-Halle to the restaurants you automatically pass the tourist highlights!
- A compact and centrally located old town where you can end the evening comfortably or where you can turn night into day
- Wide range of hiking and biking trails
- Good train and motorway connections
- Numerous leisure activities and sights for pastime after work
- Rhineland cuisine
- The Rhinelanders’ Lust for Life
- Wine region with a large variety of quality wines
- Koblenz is located on two rivers - the Rhine and the Moselle
- One of the oldest cities in Germany - here you will find history and stories on every corner